You may sometimes wish to request a repeat prescription without seeing a GP. Please allow at least 72 hours notice when requesting a prescription.
Requests can be made online or in writing or your chemist can order your prescription for you.
We are unable to accept requests by phone or email.
Written requests must clearly highlight items required along with your name, address and date of birth. These can be posted to the practice (and posted back to you if you provide a stamped self-addressed envelope) or dropped into the prescription box in reception. There is also a secure script box on the gate to the surgery if you need to drop in a request when the surgery is closed.
Prescriptions can be collected Monday - Friday from 11.00 am.
Repeat prescriptions can be collected from reception any time from 72 hours after they were requested. Please don't attend to collect prescriptions before 11am.
Local Pharmacies in Standish and Shevington include
- J E & N A Richardson, High Street, Standish, Wigan WN6 0JT Tel: 01257 422322
- Cohens Pharmacy, 47 High Street, Standish, Wigan WN6 0HL Tel:01257 422574
- Standish Pharmacy, 15 Preston Road, Standish, Wigan, WN6 0HR Tel: 01257 421220
- J E & N A Richardson, 38b Gathurst Lane, Shevington, Wigan, WN6 8HW Tel: 01257 253913
- Manor Pharmacy, 4 Gathurst Lane, Shevington, Wigan WN6 8HA Tel: 01257 254142
Should your prescription request be rejected by a GP please make an appointment to discuss this with them, rather than question reception staff who are not qualified to answer your medical queries. Please remember that if you are on any regular medication, or have ongoing health problems you will need to have a review with one of the GPs every six to twelve months.